This Christmas, we will be running our annual Foodbank collection. This year’s appeal will not only include food, but we will be supporting the charity, The Hygiene Bank. This charity…
GCSE Results 2020 – another outstanding year for Wellfield
We are incredibly proud of our results this year, which are for the fourth year are above average.
78% of our students achieved a grade 4 or higher in both English and Mathematics. In English 83% of students gained a grade 4 or higher and 62% gained a grade 5 or higher.
The mathematics results were equally impressive with 83% of students gaining a grade 4 or higher and 65% of students gaining a grade 5 or higher. In mathematics ten grade 9s were awarded and in English there were eight grade 9s.
A full analysis of our results will be available on our website once we have the BTEC results.
Our Ethos & Values
Wellfield School. A Good School
“Another brilliant Ofsted report for Wellfield”
L. Rodham, Head Teacher
Key findings in the Ofsted report (direct quotes):
- The headteacher is an experienced and skilful leader. She communicates high aspirations successfully to staff, pupils and parents.
- In 2016/17, Year 11 pupils who left the school made above-average progress overall and in most subjects.
- Exceptional leadership and high-quality teaching in mathematics lead to very strong pupil outcomes.
- Pupils and staff are motivated to ‘Go the extra mile’ which is the school’s motto.
- Relationships between pupils and their teachers are very strong.
- Pupils conduct themselves exceptionally well around the calm and orderly school site.