As many of you know, Wellfield School has a Zulu partner school, Schietsdrift Combined School, in South Africa. Students and teachers have been making annual trips to South Africa since…
GCSE Results 2019 – Another Outstanding Year
A great set of exam results have topped off what has been another excellent year for Wellfield School.
We are very proud of the GCSE results achieved by our students in 2019. They have worked incredibly hard and once again Wellfield continues to be a high attaining school with results across the curriculum above national standards.
78% of our students achieved a pass in both English and a Maths. This was well above the national average and the top result in all Durham secondary schools. The English results were very impressive with 82% of the students gaining Grade 4 or higher and 60% achieving Grade 5 or higher. The Maths results were equally impressive with 83% of the students gaining Grade 4 or higher and 57% achieving Grade 5 or higher. Once again, our maths department is one of the top performing maths departments in the county with a progress score of +0.36. Attainment in Maths at Wellfield is outstanding…
2019 Performance Tables
Our validated progress 8 score for 2019 is above average at + 0.3. Progress 8 is a measure of the progress children make between the end of primary school and the end of secondary school. The average progress 8 score for all secondary schools nationally is 0. Therefore our score of + 0.3 shows that pupils at Wellfield are making above average expected level of progress.
Our Ethos & Values
Wellfield School. A Good School
“Another brilliant Ofsted report for Wellfield”
L. Rodham, Head Teacher
Key findings in the Ofsted report (direct quotes):
- The headteacher is an experienced and skilful leader. She communicates high aspirations successfully to staff, pupils and parents.
- In 2016/17, Year 11 pupils who left the school made above-average progress overall and in most subjects.
- Exceptional leadership and high-quality teaching in mathematics lead to very strong pupil outcomes.
- Pupils and staff are motivated to ‘Go the extra mile’ which is the school’s motto.
- Relationships between pupils and their teachers are very strong.
- Pupils conduct themselves exceptionally well around the calm and orderly school site.