A fantastic set of exam results have topped off what has been the most successful year yet for Wellfield School.
56% of our students achieved a Strong Pass (the new Grade 5 or better) in English and Maths compared to the national average of 40% and 72% gained a Standard Pass (the new Grade 4 or better and equivalent to the old Grade C) in English and Maths compared to the national average of 64%.
The English results were very impressive with 78% of the students gaining a Grade 4 or better and 61% of the students gaining Grade 5 or better.
Once again, the Maths results were outstanding with 80% of the students gaining Grade 4 or better and 67% gaining Grade 5 or better.
It’s not just in English and Maths where the students excelled though, there have been some fantastic performances across the curriculum and we expect our Progress 8 figure to once again be one of the best in the county once they are published in mid October.
Our Ethos & Values
Wellfield School. A Good School
“Another brilliant Ofsted report for Wellfield”
L. Rodham, Head Teacher
Key findings in the Ofsted report (direct quotes):
- The headteacher is an experienced and skilful leader. She communicates high aspirations successfully to staff, pupils and parents.
- In 2016/17, Year 11 pupils who left the school made above-average progress overall and in most subjects.
- Exceptional leadership and high-quality teaching in mathematics lead to very strong pupil outcomes.
- Pupils and staff are motivated to ‘Go the extra mile’ which is the school’s motto.
- Relationships between pupils and their teachers are very strong.
- Pupils conduct themselves exceptionally well around the calm and orderly school site.