GCSE Results 2021 – another outstanding year for Wellfield
We are celebrating another outstanding year of GCSE results in 2021. Students have been praised for their achievement, which has been made despite the extreme challenges that Covid has presented. They worked extremely hard after the first national lockdown and returned to school in June 2020 with a determined attitude to succeed. This was evident during the summer holidays in 2020 when over 70% of students attended 3 weeks of academic ‘Catch Up’ Summer School. The start of year 11 in September saw the same determination to work hard and achieve with after school ‘Get Exam Ready’ classes attended by all students.
Our Ethos & Values
Wellfield School. A Good School
“Another brilliant Ofsted report for Wellfield”
L. Rodham, Head Teacher
Key findings in the Ofsted report (direct quotes):
- The headteacher is an experienced and skilful leader. She communicates high aspirations successfully to staff, pupils and parents.
- In 2016/17, Year 11 pupils who left the school made above-average progress overall and in most subjects.
- Exceptional leadership and high-quality teaching in mathematics lead to very strong pupil outcomes.
- Pupils and staff are motivated to ‘Go the extra mile’ which is the school’s motto.
- Relationships between pupils and their teachers are very strong.
- Pupils conduct themselves exceptionally well around the calm and orderly school site.