A fantastic set of exam results have topped off what has been the most successful year yet for Wellfield School.
56% of our students achieved a Strong Pass (the new Grade 5 or better) in English and Maths compared to the national average of 40% and 72% gained a Standard Pass (the new Grade 4 or better and equivalent to the old Grade C) in English and Maths compared to the national average of 64%.
The English results were very impressive with 78% of the students gaining a Grade 4 or better and 61% of the students gaining Grade 5 or better.
Once again, the Maths results were outstanding with 80% of the students gaining Grade 4 or better and 67% gaining Grade 5 or better.
It’s not just in English and Maths where the students excelled though, there have been some fantastic performances across the curriculum and we expect our Progress 8 figure to once again be one of the best in the county once they are published in mid October.
*DFE Performance tables error
As you may know, the provisional Performance Tables for Secondary Schools was released on 16th October. Unfortunately, a number of our students’ results were not recorded by the DFE which means our Progress 8 figure is incorrectly reported. Rather than the 0.23 reported, it should be 0.31 which means that the performance of our students is Above Average, not as it is currently stated, Average. DFE were immediately contacted and this will be rectified when the validated data is released in January.
Our Ethos & Values
Wellfield School. A Good School
“Another brilliant Ofsted report for Wellfield”
L. Rodham, Head Teacher
Key findings in the Ofsted report (direct quotes):
- The headteacher is an experienced and skilful leader. She communicates high aspirations successfully to staff, pupils and parents.
- In 2016/17, Year 11 pupils who left the school made above-average progress overall and in most subjects.
- Exceptional leadership and high-quality teaching in mathematics lead to very strong pupil outcomes.
- Pupils and staff are motivated to ‘Go the extra mile’ which is the school’s motto.
- Relationships between pupils and their teachers are very strong.
- Pupils conduct themselves exceptionally well around the calm and orderly school site.