We recently conducted a remote learning survey which was sent to our parents and carers to obtain some feedback on our offerings during remote learning earlier this academic year. The…
GCSE Results 2020 – another outstanding year for Wellfield
We’re incredibly proud of our results this year, which for the fourth year are above average.
78% of our students achieved a grade 4 or higher in both English and Mathematics. In English 83% of students gained a grade 4 or higher and 62% gained a grade 5 or higher.
The mathematics results were equally impressive with 83% of students gaining a grade 4 or higher and 65% of students gaining a grade 5 or higher. In mathematics ten grade 9s were awarded and in English there were eight grade 9s.
A full analysis of our results will be available on our website once we have the BTEC results.
Our Ethos & Values
Wellfield School. A Good School
“Another brilliant Ofsted report for Wellfield”
L. Rodham, Head Teacher
Key findings in the Ofsted report (direct quotes):
- The headteacher is an experienced and skilful leader. She communicates high aspirations successfully to staff, pupils and parents.
- In 2016/17, Year 11 pupils who left the school made above-average progress overall and in most subjects.
- Exceptional leadership and high-quality teaching in mathematics lead to very strong pupil outcomes.
- Pupils and staff are motivated to ‘Go the extra mile’ which is the school’s motto.
- Relationships between pupils and their teachers are very strong.
- Pupils conduct themselves exceptionally well around the calm and orderly school site.