Agencies and Partnerships
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- SEND Team from Durham’s Children and Adults’ Services
- Appropriate specialist support for pupils with a Specific Learning Difficulty
- Educational Psychologists
- First Response (Social Services) including an Educational Social Worker
- The Service for the Hearing Impaired
- The Service for the Visually Impaired
- The Health Authority, in particular the School Nurse
- The Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- One Point
- Governors’ Pupil Welfare Committee
- Industry and College links.
- The Support Team at Wellfield including the SEND Team and Head of Learning for learning issues, and Year Managers for pastoral issues;
If you have any questions about SEND please contact the school and we will try our best to help you.