PD is delivered primarily during morning tutor time with further aspects covered in 3 Enthuse days each year. Three mornings per week are used for literacy, specifically Accelerated Reader, and one morning for PD activities. Numeracy is incorporated into PD activities where relevant.
Summary of the programme
- Target setting for the year ahead
- Democracy and voting ( linked with school council elections)
- *SEAL unit 1 – getting to know each other and settling into the new school.
- Life changes and puberty
- Keeping healthy
- Keeping clean
- Smoking and alcohol abuse
- Introduction to citizenship
- Living in a diverse society
- Being safe and managing risk
- IAG :
- Self Awareness – what is an employed person?
- Self awareness – what is a career?
- Decision making – what careers match my skills?
- Decision making – how can I develop my skills to a chosen career?
- Planning – how can I manage my money?
- Careers information- where can I find the information I need to plan my future?
* SEAL = Social and emotional aspects of learning