PD is delivered primarily during morning tutor time with further aspects covered in 3 Enthuse days each year. Three mornings per week are used for literacy, specifically Accelerated Reader, and one morning for PD activities. Numeracy is incorporated into PD activities where relevant.
Summary of the programme
- Transition to secondary school Settling in and making new friends. Diet, exercise and how to make healthy choices
- Enterprise skills and introduction to careers Challenging career stereotypes and raising aspirations
- Diversity, prejudice and bullying including cyber bullying Managing on- and off-line friendships
- The risks of alcohol, tobacco and other substances Managing academic work and exam stress
- Self-esteem and maintaining healthy relationships. Exploring family life
- Making ethical financial decisions Saving, spending and budgeting our money
- Those topics with an * will need to be delivered by specialist staff.