VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy
Within this qualification you students will develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the hair and beauty sector –
- Develop knowledge which spans the entire vocational sector and related industries.
- Develop academic study and transferable skills that will support progression within the hair and beauty sector and more broadly.
This qualification includes four units that can be applied to any sector or vocational area. In this qualification, learners will use hairdressing and beauty therapy and related industries (i.e. retail, leisure, fashion, marketing, media, business) to develop themselves and the skills and attributes prized by employers, further education colleges and higher education institutions.
The units that make up this qualification include:
- Unit 21578 – Understanding the hair and beauty sector ( external exam)
- Unit 21579 –Hair and beauty research project (assignment work)
- Unit 21582 – Hair and beauty science (assignment work)
- Unit 21583 – Responding to a hair and beauty design brief (assignment work)
Through undertaking this qualification learners will also develop a range of transferable skills including:
- Critical thinking and being reflective on self-performance and work produced
- Use of initiative, planning and researching skills, self-management, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
- Innovation and creativity
- Application of knowledge and understanding to real life examples and businesses
- Problem solving
- Communication skills – verbal, written and visual