All school leavers up to the age of 18 years will have to be in the form of recognised education or training.
It is important that after Wellfield your child has chosen education courses or training which match their future aspirations and skills.
Recognised Routes and Pathways from the age of 16:
- Full time, general academic and vocational study – A Level courses, BTEC courses etc
- Work based learning – apprenticeships
- Full-time employment (over 20 hours per week) combined with part-time education or training
Here at Wellfield School, we follow the Benchmarks’ as set out in the latest Government statutory guidance. The Gatsby Benchmarks are a key measure of the effectiveness of career advice and guidance expected within schools.
The 8 Gatsby benchmarks of good career guidance are
- A stable career program
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking careers learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experience of the workplace
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personnel guidance
If you require any further information or advice on careers, please contact our Careers Lead.
Mrs. H Drewett
Careers Lead /Teacher