Terms of Reference:
- To act in accordance with the Teachers Pay Policy adopted by the Governing Body to include matters relating to: teaching and learning responsibility payments, SEN (Special Educational Needs) allowances, recruitment and retention payments, points for previous experience, bursaries.
- To report to the Finance, Buildings and Resources Committee on Pay Review-related expenditure.
- To make any decisions under the personnel procedures adopted by the Governing Body, e.g. disciplinary, grievance, ill health, capability etc where the Headteacher is the subject of the action.
- To make any decisions relating to a member of staff (other than the Headteacher) under the Personnel procedures adopted by the Governing Body (unless delegated to the Headteacher).
- Reducing the staffing establishment.
- Review temporary contracts on an annual basis
- To ensure that a Performance Management Policy is in place
- Staffing Structure
- To keep under review work/life balance, working conditions and well-being including the monitoring of absence.
Autumn term, plus as and when necessary.
School staff. Pecuniary interest.
Delegation to the Headteacher
School Staffing (England) Regulations 2009
Appointment: The Governing Body can delegate the power to appoint outside the leadership group to:
- The Headteacher
Delegate to the Headteacher as above for:
- Permanent teaching staff posts
- Permanent support staff posts
- Temporary staff
Dismissals: Governing Body are delegated responsibility for the dismissal of:
- All Staff
Headteacher’s Performance Review
Terms of Reference:
- To arrange to meet with the External Adviser (EA) or Education Development Partner (EDP) to discuss the Headteacher’s performance targets.
- To decide with support from the EA or EDP whether the targets have been met and to set new targets annually.
- To monitor throughout the year the performance of the Headteacher against the targets.
- To make recommendations to the appropriate committee in respect of awards for the successful meeting of set targets.
Autumn term, plus monitoring meetings.
the Headteacher and staff.