Assistant Director of Specialism – English
Grade: L8– L12 (Pay award pending)
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic teacher of English to fill the exciting new Trust-wide post of Assistant Director of Specialism (English). This role will play a leading and visible role in the improvement of teaching and learning across the Trust and ensuring the highest standards of teaching, learning & achievement are in place. You will have a record of achieving excellent results at KS3 and KS4 and be able to demonstrate your impact in supporting other teachers to improve their professional practice
The Assistant Director of Specialism English will be required to —
- Apply a range of strategies to support teaching staff improve their professional practice e.g. coaching, mentoring, modelling, CPD, etc.
- Spread expertise of teaching using engaging pedagogies across the departments, developing resources, strategies and techniques and using coaching, mentoring, modelling and team teaching as appropriate.
- Work with the Heads of Departments, Director of Specialism and the SLT link to establish a culture of professional development for all subject teachers, including developing their self-evaluating capabilities in assessing standards of learning and teaching against current criteria.
- Agree challenging subject targets, including student achievement targets ensuring rigorous monitoring evaluation and review of progress towards these via Department improvement plans.
- Work with the Head of Department, Curriculum Leads and other colleagues in the development of high-quality syllabuses, materials, schemes of work and lesson plans, which engage, stimulate and challenge students of all abilities, and cater for all learning styles.
- Employ a variety of interactive teaching strategies appropriate to the age and ability of each individual student to deliver learning objectives and promote a love of learning.
- Make effective use of a range of assessment monitoring and recording strategies to assess the learning needs of your students in order to set challenging learning objectives and plan for future teaching.
To find out more about this role, or to arrange a discussion/visit, please email Sophie Palmer (Director of Specialism – English) on S.email@example.com
Please view the following pack for further information Assistant Director of Specialism English – Applicant Information Pack
Completed application forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not attach copies of CV’s/qualification certificates. Only the information detailed on the application form will be used as part of the short-listing process. Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Midday Thursday 19 October 2023
Tuesday 24 October 2023